The American Dynamics AD2096A Matrix Alarm Interface Unit is used with American Dynamics Matrix Switching System, which can respond to 64 alarm inputs. 64 hard-wired alarms can be converted to American Dynamics alarm contact numbers by the unit. In order to increase the alarm inputs from 64 to higher numbers, multiple units can be cascaded on a single RS-232 system port.
As soon as any of the sixty-four alarm contacts of the Matrix Alarm Interface Unit gets activated, it is indicated by the single Form-C relay and LED. The unit can be mounted either on the front or rear of equipment racks using its universal mount. It can be simply mounted flat on a wall or even a horizontal surface.
- Input of 64 hard-wired alarms
- Multiple units cascadable on a single RS-232 link
- Diagnostic LEDs and Alarm presence indication
- Universal wall, surface, or rack mounts
- Enables the system to automatically respond to external inputs