The American Dynamics AMSU822I2X2N SpeedDome Ultra 8 Programmable Dome Camera offers 22x optical zoom and 11x digital zoom facilities. This compact and versatile camera is capable of clear and 'sharp-colored' pictures even in lighting conditions as low as .02 lux, making it a good indoor video surveillance device. The Ultra 8's 'dim light image capture' functionality is achieved through the DSS technology. This technology enables the CCD to capture and store a greater amount of the light focused on it from the camera lens. It makes the camera perform well in varied lighting conditions. Additionally, the camera offers a continuous autofocus feature; this makes for clear images across the full range of motion. Image quality is further enhanced with the automatic gain control (AGC) and white balance features.
With an efficient motion-detection feature, the SpeedDome Ultra 8 Dome Camera can trigger multiple user-specified actions. The camera can be installed in areas such as meeting rooms where silence is a prerequisite as this dome camera, without a built-in fan, is virtually noiseless.
The camera has a drop-ceiling design that eliminates the need of a bubble. With a twist-lock release, the camera can be easily attached and removed from the base, simplifying installation as well as servicing. The integrated Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) system ensures that the power, communication, and video cables are systematically connected between the actual camera and the I/O PC board in the base. This I/O board supports four alarm inputs and outputs each. Power and communication LEDs are also connected to this I/O board. The I/O board retains all presets from the user even if the camera is changed, eliminating the need for reprogramming.
User-friendliness is enhanced with on-screen text indicators available in a choice of six languages - English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, and German. The screen displays include useful information such as presets, patterns, alarms, and even area names. The camera's line of focus and the direction it is moving in are also displayed on-screen.
The camera allows you, as a user, to turn the text display on or off, or even choose whether you wish to see solid text or translucent text. Some of the information available includes the time period the camera was on, the pan/tilt/zoom activities, and the presets selected. The camera supports 96 user-defined preset positions and 16 preset sequences. The 'freeze frame' feature on presets allows a certain amount of space on the digital recorder hard drive to be saved. The DirectSet facility allows you quick access to the most frequently accessed camera features.
The SpeedDome Ultra 8 has 8 privacy zones with which confidential areas and personnel privacy can be respected. The camera also supports SensorNet, RS-422, AD-UTC, Manchester, and certain other manufacturer protocols. The NTCIP (National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol) is also supported by the Ultra 8, making it suited for the transportation market.
- 22x optical zoom and 11x digital zoom
- Continuous autofocus provides clear images during full range of motion
- Image quality enhanced with automatic gain control (AGC) and white balance
- Motion detection provides the ability to trigger multiple user-specified actions
- No fans ensure quiet operation
- Covert design eliminates the need for an external bubble
- Integrated Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) simplifies wiring and installation
- Innovative I/O base design simplifies installation
- Store presets and patterns within the base to eliminate reprogramming
- Dome usage statistics provide important information on how a dome is utilized
- Up to 8 enhanced privacy zones give you the flexibility to protect confidential areas or respect personnel privacy
- Advanced on-screen display with titles provides the detail you need to know exactly what you're looking at
- Supports SensorNet, RS-422, AD-UTC, Manchester and select manufacturers protocols
- Supports NTCIP protocol, designed specifically for the transportation market