The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF510 is a large format printer that provides for the easy production of photographs and documents up to 17" wide. The iPF510's Reactive Ink System, with a high-precision, high-density print head comprised of a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produces sharp detail and excellent image quality. This professional printer uses four vibrant, colorfast dye inks (CMYK) and two channels of pigment-based Matte Black to create striking full-bleed posters, clear text, and crisp line drawings, ideal for use for individual or small user groups.
The included drivers and built-in features allow easy photo printing from digital cameras, simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing (with optional roll feeder), and expanded color settings to provide a user-friendly, efficient printing system. Professional large format photos, posters and documents are readily created for a wide variety of uses including, office presentations, trade shows, retail signage, and more.
- Reactive Ink System
- Canon's Reactive Ink technology facilitates an output of bold, expressive color posters and precise lines, smooth curves, and small text on technical and office documents. The iPF510 utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks (CMYK) plus two channels of Matte Black pigments which are used for maximum black density and speed. The iPF510 will automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF510 will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality.
- Raster and HDI Driver
- The standard (raster) driver incorporates advanced black and white control, simplified page setup options, 1-touch borderless printing (with optional roll feeder), expanded color settings, and much more to provide the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive, while still being intuitive and easy to operate. The Canon HDI Driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- High Speed Output and Precision Printing
- Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer Common Architecture) print controller powers the printer's data. This unique, high-speed processor drives the print engine to lay ink down with high-precision and helps ensure optimal image quality and color accuracy. The L-COA powers Canon's high-speed PF-04 print head, with a total 15,360 nozzles that lay down 4-picloliter size ink droplets. This system produces sharp detail, cleaner lines and text and minimizes mist. The unit has a consistent and accurate output of 2400 x 1200 dpi.
- HPGL-2 and HP RTL Support
- The iPF510 has built-in support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files.
- Canon Printer Driver
- The Windows and Macintosh drivers facilitate a wide range of printer functions: Preset Document Profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo), Auto Print Quality Options (dependent on print application and media), Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print", imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature to print color imageRUNNER PDFs directly without opening in a PDF viewer, and an Economy Print Mode.
- Poster Artist Lite
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software was designed to help users at all levels to quickly and easily create professional large format posters, banners and signage. A variety of templates are included in the software package such as hi-res royalty-free images and clipart, provides solutions for a wide variety of markets. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides a way for a CanoScan desktop scanners (not included) to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
- Microsoft Office Print Plug-in
- Printing large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint is made easy with this plug-in that appears in a toolbar inside the Microsoft application. Conversion of 8.5 x 11" office document to posters is a simple process.
- Economy Print Mode
- Reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print.
- Front Display Panel
- Push-button navigation through printer functions, displayed on built-in display panel.
- Variable Paper Feeds
- Four-Way multi-feed enables numerous paper options: roll, cassette, manual front feed and manual top feed. 1
- Real Preview
- The Real Preview feature ensures users that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview. The user can change the print setting even after clicking on "print."
- Non-Firing Detection
- When clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected, the print-head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF510 will automatically compensate by re-routing the ink to functioning nozzles.
- Borderless Printing
- Four-sided edge-to-edge printing, only with roll media (not included).
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.