The 24" imagePrograf iPF650 from Canon is a highly versatile and flexible large format printer, engineered for speed and advanced image production. Specially designed to meet the demands of the Geographical Information System (GIS); Computer-Aided Design (CAD); Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC); Reprographics; and other Technical Document markets. The iPF650 produces a diverse range of outputs from complex technical documents to beautiful full-color posters. The iPF650 maintains a space-saving design and is easy to operate. The device features print job accounting capabilities, a Reactive Ink System, and gigabit ethernet support.
This exceptional printer has built-in support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files, standard and HDI printer drivers, and a Microsoft Office Print Plug-in which together create a printing solution for a wide variety of applications. The included PosterArtist Lite creation software enables simple creation of posters and large format prints to be used in Office Presentations, Trade Shows, Signage and provides a wide variety of other professional printing solutions.
- Precision Printing
- Canon's PF-04 print head features a new nozzle shape to reduce satellite ink, producing cleaner lines and text, and minimizing mist. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02 mm.
- L-COA Processor for High Speed Output
- Powering the iPF650's incredible print speed is Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer COmmon Architecture) print controller, which enables Canon's high-speed PF-04 print head. When in fast mode, the iPF650 can produce a 24 x 36" drawing in approximately 28 seconds. In a busy working environment, this helps to facilitate workflow and meet deadlines.
- Reactive Ink System
- The iPF650 utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks (CMYK), including a new Magenta ink for richer and more vivid Reds, plus two channels of Matte Black pigment inks which are used for maximum black density and speed. The printer will automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black inks at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF650 will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality.
- HDI Driver
- The Canon HDI Driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- HPGL-2 and HP RTL Support
- The iPF650 has built-in support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files.
- Printing with Less Interruption
- With Canon's revolutionary ink tank system, you can replace ink cartridges without stopping the printer. For long print runs, a high-capacity media basket comes standard with this printer. And its highly durable self-propelled dual rotary cutter allows for even faster printing of multi-page jobs.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function
- The printer automatically detects when clogged or non-firing nozzles are present and immediately engages a print head cleaning cycle. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF650 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.
- Print Job Accounting Manager
- A time saver for any printing environment, this user-friendly professional feature has a management tool to keep track of costs and track print jobs by user to calculate ink and media costs, and the number of pages printed.
- Environmentally Conscious Space-Saving Design
- Canon has redesigned this outstanding printer to provide an environmentally-conscious design featuring fully front-accessible operations for efficient operations, and flush wall installation. From loading paper to navigating through an intuitive control panel, the iPF650 simplifies large format printing. Made with less plastic, and reduced CO2 emissions, this model has earned ENERGY STAR qualification, and draws only 140 watts of power during use.
- Plug-In for Microsoft Office
- Printing large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint is made easy with this plug-in that appears in a toolbar inside the Microsoft application. Conversion of 8.5 x 11" office document to posters is a simple process.
- Economy Print Mode
- The Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media reduces total ink consumption. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print.
- PosterArtist Lite
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software was designed to help users at all levels to quickly and easily create professional large format posters, banners and signage. A variety of templates are included in the software package such as hi-resolution royalty-free images and clipart, for quick and easy projects for a wide variety of markets. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides a way for CanoScan desktop scanners (not included) to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.