Night Owl Optics takes pride in providing you with consistent top quality products that feature state-of-the-art concepts and designs.
The Nexgen Binocular 42mm from Night Owl features a body design that allows you to adjust the binocular for viewing comfort and personal fit. Moderately sized 42mm objectives provide a very respectable 3.0x level of magnification without adding a significant amount of weight and dimension to the optic's form-factor.
Dual 1st generation intensifiers provide an excellent nocturnal viewing experience that's well suited for outdoor endeavors. When attempting to view under total darkness conditions, the integral IR illuminator can be switched on to turn night into day.
There are many variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device; the object's size, ambient weather and lighting conditions, the level of detail needed for recognition, etc. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the generation of the intensifier tube along with its specified resolution and s/n ratio. The magnification, clarity, and light transmission performance of the NVD's optics also contribute to its low/no-light performance capabilities.All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
- Glass objective and ocular lenses
- Protective rubberized sure-grip exterior
- Integral infrared illuminator and low-battery warning indicator
- Dual 1st Generation Intensifiers
- First generation NVDs are a cost effective night vision solution that provides excellent low-light imaging performance, with respectable levels of resolution. Supplementary IR illumination is necessary when operating a Gen-1 device in total-darkness conditions.