Supported by all of the major electronic companies and Hollywood movie studios, the Blu-ray format holds lots of information in a durable package that is appropriate for HDTV recording, PC data storage, and other uses. Its short wavelength blue/violet laser allows you to pack much more data into the same amount of space as CDs and DVDs.
This Maxell BD-R Blu-ray Disc, delivered in a spindled package of 15, is a 'standard issue' single-layer Blu-ray which has a top surface that's optimized for printing with inkjet or hub printers. Like all single-layer Blu-ray discs, you'll get 25GB of write-once storage space. Many of the market's Blu-ray players can also play back media captured on a disc such as these. These Maxell BD-R discs, like nearly every Blu-ray disc on the market, have a hard coating on the outermost data-reading surface to help protect the information which you commit to the disc. These discs have a standard specified top speed of 2x (~9 megabytes per second).
- Blu-ray discs optimized for printing with inkjet or hub printers (white printing surface)
- BD-R Write-once, single-layer recordable Blu-ray disc for ~4.5 hours of uncompressed HD video recording, or 2 hours of direct HDTV capture
- Maximum 2x write speed
- External anti-scratch surface coating
- Not compatible with DVD players
- Spindle package of 15 unlabeled discs