The MX4 from Solid State Logic is a PCIe based computer audio interface that provides 128 channels of digital audio inputs and outputs, a powerful multi-client software mixer, and DSP processing of included SSL EQ and dynamics plug ins. When installed in an available PCIe slot on a desktop PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (compatible with Mac 10.4 and 10.5 as a MadiXtreme 128 - the mixer software and plug ins are not Mac compatible), and attached to an external SSL XLogic Alpha-Link converter via fiber optic cable, the full potential of the MX4's capabilities can be realized. The multi-client software mixer enables you to address several audio recording applications simultaneously.
In applications that require high channel counts, which cannot compromise audio quality, the MX4 offers a flexible and versatile solution. It acts as a large format SSL console for "in the box" workflows. The multi-client software mixer enables you to send separate or duplicate mixes to several DAW audio applications, create individual headphone and monitor mixes, make custom "Mix Minus" feeds to suit different broadcasting situations, etc. You can build custom mixers to suit specific needs with mono, stereo, and 5.1 channels with any routing and bus architecture necessary.
You are provided with "console grade" SSL plug ins that run off of the integrated DSP processor without taxing your host computer. The included SSL Channel EQ is a 4-band parametric EQ with SSL's E and G series console characteristics. The SSL Channel Dynamics is a completely transparent compressor/gate/expander. The SSL Stereo Bus Compressor is none other than the beloved stereo bus compressor from the G Series of consoles. The MX4 also supports all SSL Soundscope DSP format plug ins.
- 128 channel MADI digital audio interface over fiber optic MADI
- Multi-client SSL software mixer
- DSP powered SSL processing plug-ins
- SSL 'PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline' drivers
- Multi client drivers - multiple audio applications appear in the mixer and access the I/O simultaneously
- Very high channel count, high sample rate recording & playback
- 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports on half-length PCIe card
- 1 x wordclock connector (software controlled as input or output)
- Near zero latency (4 samples) delivers ideal monitoring environment
- Full Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) for VST plug-ins, I/O's and external processing/conversion delays
- Combine with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters to create complete audio I/O solutions