The Rane Series Equalizers from Serato are a pair of software plug-ins for the Digidesign TDM, ICON or VENUE platforms. Based on Rane's PEQ-55 and DEQ60/60L hardware equalizers, the plug-ins feature smooth sounding graphic and parametric EQs, along with extra control that can only be achieved in software.
The graphic EQ eliminates band interaction with Rane's patented Perfect-Q technology. Additionally, the software forces the response curve to pass through every slider so that the response follows exactly the slider positions on screen. This allows for notching out a single frequency or for creating the exact desired frequency curve.
The parametric EQ provides a very clean and natural sound, even at the extreme points where most parametric equalizers would start to sound grainy. All 10 bands that can be moved from 12.5Hz to 20kHz, and are all independently switchable between high- or low-shelf and bell filters.
The GUI includes color coded response graphs that display the overall gain and phase changes, making it easy to see at a glance the overall effect the settings are having on the source audio. The Rane Series Equalizers are an excellent choice for the professional studio or a live sound environment.
- 3 band tone control for adjusting overall balance
- Input and output gain link for auto level compensation
- Independent high- and low-cut filters
- Individual bypass switches for EQ bands, tone controls and cut filters
- RMS and Peak level metering
- Metering on either dBFS or dBVU scales
- Graphic EQ
- 31 bands for precise control
- Cut-only mode for isolating problem frequencies
- Proportional-Q mode option for traditional response
- Rane's patented Perfect-Q technology eliminates adjacent filter interaction
- Parametric EQ
- 10 Parametric EQ filters
- Each filter range is 12.5Hz to 20kHz
- All filters are switchable between high-shelf, low-shelf or bell filtering
- Advanced filter smoothing eliminates jarring when switching filter types in a live environment