SE Electronics have teamed up with Rupert Neve to offer the RNR1, an extremely high-performance active ribbon microphone, and the first product in the sE Rupert Neve Signature Series. The RNR1 offers natural reproduction of source material, and uses a custom circuit design to deliver a frequency response of 20Hz to 25kHz, approximately 3 times wider than competing ribbon mics.
The mic has a sleek black design, and offers a Figure-8 polar pattern, allowing it to clearly pick up sounds on either side of the mic body. A low-end rolloff switch reduces the effects of low-frequency noises. The mic has a standard 3-pin XLR connector, and operates via 48V phantom power. A shock mount and flight case are included.
- Neve Design
- sE Electronics has joined with Rupert Neve to create high-performance microphones for professional users
- Condenser-Like Performance
- The RNR1 has a frequency response approximately 3 times wider than competing ribbon mics, giving it a performance similar to a condenser mic
- Natural Sound Reproduction
- A custom circuit design allows the mic to capture and output high frequencies in exceptional detail. Hand-wound transformers provide large amounts of headroom and extremely low noise levels
- Figure-8 Polar Pattern
- The mic's Figure-8 polar pattern lets it effectively capture sound from either side of the mic body
- LF Rolloff Switch
- The LF rolloff switch reduces the effects of low-frequency noises, and also reduces proximity effect
- Phantom Power
- The mic accepts 48V phantom power via the standard XLR connector
- Accessories Included
- A deluxe flight case and shock mount are included