Designed and built with both facility installation pundits and presentation/multimedia enthusiasts in mind, the Kramer FC-50 RS-232 Extender offers twisted pair (RJ-45) signal conversion from an RS-232 serial control (9-pin D-Sub) port. It's capable of sending the converted signal over a 3280' range to an additional FC-50 extender that converts the twisted pair signal back into an RS-232 signal. It features Mode Selection for unit/PC control connectivity, Mode LED Indicator, and Cross/Straight Selection for specific configuration between the unit and the controlled device. It's compatible shielded or unshielded twisted pair (STP/UTP) cabling such as standard CAT5 (Ethernet network cable).
In addition to its high-quality RS-232 to twisted pair transmission capability, it features Power Connect System which requires only (1) powered unit in a connected system; and its data mode Baud rate offers data rates up to 115.2Kbps. With its superb signal reliability and twisted pair signal transmission technology, the Kramer FC-50 is ideal for long distance RS-232 control often required by broadcast studios, educational, security and military installations.
Note! This unit must be used in conjunction with an additional FC-50 to achieve a complete solution.
- Twisted Pair (RJ-45) Signal Transmission
- Twisted pair (RJ-45) cabling uses 2 conductors (forward and return) that are twisted together in a specific fashion (pitch/twist rate per meter) to cancel out electromagnetic interference and crosstalk (noise) from external sources and its environment.
- Connectivity Ports
- The FC-50 features an RS-232 (9-pin D-sub) serial control port and an RJ-45 (CAT5) twisted pair jack.
- Mode Selections
- This unit offers the ability to select whether the 9-pin D-sub is connected to a PC or the device being controlled by the PC (2-units are required). In addition, it features Crossed/Straight Selection between the unit and the controlled device.
- Power Connect System
- Within transmitter/receiver system, only one unit requires power when connected devices are within a 150' (50 m) range of each other; 12VDC power is distributed through the CAT5 cable.
- Large Venue Solution
- The FC-50 is an ideal solution for schools, transportation hubs, hospitals, financial institutions, commercial/retail installations, virtually any large venue that requires reliable long-distance RS-232 serial control through twisted pair cabling (3280' system range).
- CAT5 Cabling
- This unit will accept UTP (unshielded twisted pair) or STP (shielded twisted pair) CAT5 cabling.
- Optional Mounting
- Aside from its rugged chassis, its standalone compact design belongs to the Kramer TOOLs family of products; 4 units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK-1 universal rack adapter.