The American Dynamics VideoEdge NVR Bundled Server is a 1.5TB, 16-channel, rack mount server. This is a 2 rack unit (2U) server, meaning that the mounting frame of this piece of equipment is 3.5 inches high. Meeting the rack unit dimension standards that are specified by the Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA), this VideoEdge NVR server can be mounted on standard racks.
Since the VideoEdge Network Video Recorder (NVR) server is a turnkey server, it can be installed and made ready for use instantly with minimal or no hardware or software additions. The video NVR server software is already installed and the internal storage is configured at the time of purchase. The user is required to register online to get the software licensed.
Having 16-channel infrastructure, this NVR server supports 16 camera licenses. Aside from the main server, the VideoEdge NVR server ships with two localized power cords, a rack mounting kit, and a USB keyboard. The NVR server works in conjunction with VGA or flat panel monitor, a PC having a network connection as well as Internet access, compatible IP cameras / VideoEdge IP encoders, and Gigabit Ethernet switches. You also have the option to add extended storage accessories such as the American Dynamics Fibre Host Bus Adapter Kit or the American Dynamics Fibre RAID Storage System.
The back panel of the VideoEdge Network Video Recorder (NVR) server has connection sockets for the two power cords, the optional storage device, the USB keyboard, the VGA monitor, as well as 2 LAN ports to connect the server to the camera network and the client network. On the front panel resides the server's Power button. A good practice while using an NVR server is to power up the monitor and the other peripherals before actually starting the unit. An Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) and a surge protection system will ensure proper functionality of the unit and minimize chances of any internal damage.
- Appliance server for low total cost-of-ownership plus highest level of security and performance
- Transform server hardware into a VideoEdge NVR within minutes
- Supports automatic bridging of multiple networks
- Embedded Linux operating system with 2.6 kernel eliminates additional cost of server operating system and minimizes patch management
- Efficient design supports largest number of video channels per NVR
- Chain-of-custody feature provides indisputable video evidence
- Expandable storage up to 77 one TB volumes per NVR
- Integrates with a variety of applications including Software House and Kantech access control systems, to provide a complete command and control software solution
- Open platform supports many third party devices and hardware
- Remote management from many standard web browsers or client software
- Scalable architecture supports on-demand upgrades for additional video and storage devices
- Optional Windows-based management suite provides total end-to-end solution