The QOMO Prodigy QIT30 RF Wireless Tablet w/ Flow!Works and RM Easi Teach Starter Software is quite a mouthful but then this is quite a wireless drawing tablet.
Its LCD panel's high resolution working area is just under eight inches by six inches (roughly A5 size to our European friends). Not only can you create and annotate all sorts of information, you've got 16 macro buttons at the top of the panel to execute multiple commands.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, QOMO decided to use a common Nokia BL5C rechargeable cell phone battery to power the tablet. You can recharge it by connecting it to your PC or Mac via a USB cable (sold separately). The writing pen uses a single AAA battery. And here's a clever touch: Both the pen and the USB dongle store right in the panel itself, lessening the chance of losing either.
The USB dongle is how the panel communicates wirelessly with your computer. It's plug and play with Windows Vista and requires a quick driver install for Windows 2000 and XP.
You can export your notes and annotations to a variety of file formats such as PowerPoint, PDF, JPEG and HTML. Best of all the QIT30 is bundled with Flow!Works annotation software that's aimed at the educational market but is finding uses in all sorts of applications. The same goes for the Easi Teach Starter software that's also included.
The QOMO QIT30 is a solid performer in the education, research and corporate markets and beyond.
- Education, Scientific Research And Medical Applications
- You can add electronic annotations and mark up of electronic files or images of all types. When used with a QOMO Document camera the QIT30 allows annotating over any object or printed material under the camera lens.
- Legal Applications
- Annotate electronically displayed evidence and scanned documents.
- Corporate Applications
- Annotate AutoCAD drawings, spreadsheets and other electronic documents.
- Military Applications
- Annotate maps, photos, flowcharts, plans, 3D objects, training materials and so on.
- Video Conferencing Applications
- Annotate shared documents, 3D objects, files, CAD/CAM drawings and blueprints.