Turn your audio interface into a voltage control interface with the MOTU Volta. This virtual instrument plug-in has features such as: MIDI sequencing with external modular synths, one-click oscillator tuning and calibration, ramp automation with host software, and the ability to apply LFOs, step sequencers and pattern sequencers to CV inputs.
Volta can be used by anyone who wishes to add the rich sound that only analog synthesizers can deliver, but with the accuracy of a virtual instrument.
- Standard virtual instrument plug-in that turns an audio interface with DC-coupled outputs into a voltage control interface
- Control external modular synths or other CV-equipped gear from your computer
- Works with Digital Performer, Logic Pro, Live and other Audio Unit instrument hosts that support side chain outputs
- Works with any MOTU audio interface equipped with TRS outputs, including the 24io with 24 TRS outputs, expandable to 96
- Familiar, easy-to-use instrument plug-in operation within your favorite host software
- Provides 24 control outputs per plug-in instance. Use as many instances as needed
- Converts MIDI track data to control voltages to play modulars, analog synthesizers and other CV-equipped sound sources
- Sample-accurate MIDI playback with supporting host software (such as DP)
- Provides seven different control source types, including MIDI notes, MIDI controller data and audio track automation, plus tempo-synced sources such as LFOs, clock pulses and trigger/pattern sequencers
- Provides one-click pitch and octave calibration per oscillator using either Hz/V or V/oct tuning standards
- View at a glance the total calibrated range for each oscillator/interface combination
- Sync multiple drum machines, arpeggiators and other clock destinations with independent PPQ resolution for each device