The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF610PA Wide Format Lite Inkjet Printer brings you high-speed and high-quality color output in a package that's durable, reliable and intuitive. It comes with a 5-color ink system consisting of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black dye-based ink. It also has two channels of pigment matte black ink, plus a wide variety of compatible media, including roll media, which makes the printer well suited for the CAD and corporate user.
The unique ink configuration combined with other technological advances such as the L-COA single chip acceleration controller, the advanced print heads using FINE technology, and on-board support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files makes the iPF610PA extremely versatile, providing the ability to quickly and accurately create maps, design layouts, posters, photographs, fine art reproductions and more.
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. This software enables users to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
The imagePROGRAF iPF610PA has a large LCD panel for easy monitoring of printer status. It operates with a reduced amount of noise, which means greater ease of operation and more flexibility in various environments - plus it is Energy Star Qualified.
- Single Print Head with FINE Technology
- The high-density, high-speed and high-quality print head incorporates 2,560 nozzles per color over 6 colors with a total of 15,360 nozzles, and the addition of a second nozzle line to the print head means that speed is increased dramatically. Plus the precision nozzles eject ultra small 4-picoliter ink droplets, thereby delivering smooth and beautiful gradations.
- 5-Color Dye/Pigment Ink System
- The 5-Color Ink System consists of four dye color inks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow & Black) and a 2-channel Matte Black pigment ink - providing for maximum black density and speed.
- Automatic Switching of Black Inks
- The iPF610 will automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the printer will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality. The dye-based Black ink produces high quality prints on photo glossy type media and the Matte Black ink exhibits high contrast prints with deep black on media such as fine art paper.
- L-COA Print Controller
- The L-COA print controller intelligently processes the print data to implement high-speed printing and accurately lays ink down for optimal image quality. Combined with Canon's FINE print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve print speeds of under three minutes for A2 size prints, at 1200 x 1200 dpi on a glossy photo paper.
- Multiple Media Options
- The iPF610 provides numerous paper handling options so users van select the paper type and paper feed mechanism that suits their needs best. You can select from cassette loading of pre-cut paper in sizes ranging from 8 x 10" - 17 x 22", a manual front feed or manual top feed option for heavier paper stocks or for one-off printing jobs, or use the roll feeder for continuous print jobs and the option of true borderless printing (borderless printing only available with roll media).
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function
- The printer automatically detects when clogged or non-firing nozzles are present and immediately engages a print head cleaning cycle. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF610 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.
- Standard and HDI Drivers
- The standard (raster) driver incorporates advanced black and white control, simplified page setup options, 1-touch borderless printing (with optional roll feeder), expanded color settings, and much more to provide the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive, yet it is intuitive and easy to operate. The Canon HDI Driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- Digital Photo Front-Access
- Digital Photo Front-Access is a utility that displays file images and provides a direct link to other software applications making it faster and easier to select, edit and retouch your digital photo files. It supports JPEG images, and coordinates operation with Canon PosterArtist and Adobe Photoshop to aid in the configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver.
- PosterArtist Lite Software
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the program's four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.