The Gitzo GK1580QR Series 1 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a complete solution for discriminating users who want exacting placement, premium operational refinement, and very low weight to carry. It is ideal for use with a modern SLR and a lens of up to 135mm in any conditions, and usually will provide sharp images even with a lens as long as 200mm. The fit and finish are delightful, and what you should expect from the industry's top brand; Gitzo means for your tripod to deliver decades of service, and offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
The GT1541 leg set is Gitzo's standard-height Series 1 6x carbon fiber model, made from their superior, ultra-thin carbon fiber strands. Beyond the weight savings we're all after, carbon fiber has a tendency to 'eat' vibrations rather than transmitting them, much like a wooden tripod would.
The GH1780QR Center Ballhead is from their most modern collection, a PTFE-treated sphere with a large locking knob on the side and a very impressive ability to stay where you put it once locked. It has a quick release system specific to Gitzo, and it has a bubble level right at the base of the plate.
Altogether, this Gitzo kit folds to just 25", weighs only 3.2 lbs, and reaches a comfortable operating height for most buyers.
- Gitzo's standard-height Series 1 carbon fiber tripod, delivered with a Gitzo ballhead with quick release
- Extremely-refined GH1780QR ballhead with quick release, PTFE-coated ball sphere, and positive locking action
- Legs assembled from Gitzo-specific "6x" ultra-strong and super-thin (0.007mm) carbon fiber strands
- Maximum upper leg segment diameter of 24mm; appropriate for SLR cameras and medium telephoto lenses, most mini DV or compact HD video cameras, as well as binoculars or spotting scopes
- Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down
- Gitzo's "G-Lock" is the industry's strongest locking mechanism
- Gitzo "Power Disc" top plate with anti-twist safety screws to affix head/lens collar to disc and disc to monopod stem
- Rounded hard rubber leg tips can be exchanged for optional GS3030 self-locking feet or G1220.129B3/G1220.129LB3 ground spikes
- Made in Italy