The Gitzo Series 2 6X CF LVL 3-Section Tripod is a state-of-the-art tripod for location and outdoor applications. Extremely lightweight but stable, this tripod consists of carbon-fiber legs and a very compact, fluid head with features unique for a head this size. Despite a negligible weight of only 6.59 lbs, this tripod can be extended to 67" high and handle a DSLR with up to a 300mm lens, or a medium-sized spotting scope for bird-watching.
The leveling tripod keeps the camera perfectly level, and the low-profile quick-release fluid head, with separate tilt and pan actions and adjustable counterbalance system, provides precise control over camera movement. Thanks to a new compound developed by Gitzo with the strength of magnesium, but with 30% less weight, this lightweight head maintains very good vibration damping qualities. The matte black body and reflection-free surfaces offer good camouflage outside. Gitzo's ground-level set allows shooting as low as 6.3" off the ground.
This is a premium tripod that combines very light weight, solid support, sophisticated features and all the functionality you need, in a beautifully designed package.
- Fast and accurate leveling system
- The 1 mm carbon-fiber tube allows a weight reduction of up to 17%, compared to previous Gitzo carbon-fiber tripods
- The anti-leg-rotation system allows a five-section tripod to be opened in less than 15 seconds
- Removable rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories (available separately) such as the big foot, long spike, etc.
- Ground-level feature allows for ultra-low shooting angles, at 6.3" minimum height
- The fluid head is strong and lightweight, with separate pan and tilt controls, and a fully adjustable counterbalance system that can be turned on and off--it has seven positions that can be customized by the user