The DBeat from Open Labs is an all-in-one computer recording studio workstation & performance instrument. It takes all of the guesswork out of putting together a computer audio system (complete with an interface & multiple control surfaces), puts it in one box that weighs 20 lbs (9 kg), and is small enough to be a carry-on item on an airplane. Its Windows operating system comes pre-configured to be fully optimized for music production.
The DBeat has been designed to be the heart of your recording studio, so you can record, mix, and master all of your music directly on this machine alone. What makes it really unique is that you can then take the DBeat on stage, and perform your music live with the very same hardware and software you used to create the music.
It comes with pre-loaded drivers for most MIDI controllers, so if you want to add your favorite USB keyboard, you can just plug it in and play. This also makes the DBeat a great option for someone who likes the features the other products Open Labs has to offer, but don't want a built-in keyboard. It has the same Open Labs power with a smaller footprint.
If you like using plug-ins, the DBeat allows you to run wild. It can power more than 200 VST plug-ins, and it includes a custom software application called RiFF that helps you manage them all. With its Windows OS, you can have your choice of the countless audio and MIDI software applications that are available. Should you run into a technical problem, the DBeat comes with one year of Open Labs Golden Support Services, which gives you remote desktop support via the Internet, as well as phone and email support.
The DBeat gives you a very hands-on approach to creating music. It comes with a built-in 12.1" touch screen display, 9 assignable faders, the Bump MP drum pad controller, a Penny & Giles crossfader, and more. For the electronic DJ who uses Serato Scratch Live, the DBeat allows you to plug in your turntables to utilize time control vinyl. For Ableton DJ's, the DBeat is a dream come true. It's quite literally a hardware incarnation of the beloved "Sequencing Instrument."
- DBeat ships complete with more than 4 billion high-quality sounds
- Includes Open Labs' proprietary virtual instrument host RiFF - a great tool for live performance using VSTi's
- Unlimited capability for running third party plug-ins, VSTi's and applications like Serato Scratch Live, Traktor, Pro Tools, Reason and many more
- The DBeat's Windows operating system is specifically configured for music production by Open Labs
- One year of Open Labs Gold Support Services is included, which entails a one-hour "Get to Know Your Machine" session, remote desktop support via Internet in addition to phone and email support, and full parts/labor warranty coverage