Designed and built with both computer graphic and presentation/multimedia enthusiasts in mind, the Kramer WP-120 XGA Line Receiver offers twisted pair signal conversion to an XGA computer signal; it's part of Kramer's Wall Plate (WP) series and works in conjunction with the PT-110 twisted pair transmitter. This wall plate features (1) 15-pin HD XGA computer graphics video output, (1) rear-panel RJ-45 input, side-panel level (gain) and EQ (peaking) controls, and a status LED indicator. It's compatible with HDTV signals, supports resolutions up to WUXGA and 1080p, and offers a system range of up to 320' (100 m).
The WP-120 is ideal for converting computer graphics video from shielded or unshielded twisted pair (STP/UTP) cabling such as standard CAT5 (Ethernet network cable). Sync polarity settings provide improved transmission and twisted pair compatibility; and with its Power Connect System only one unit requires power when connected devices are within a 150' (50 m) range of each other. Moreover, its single gang-box style fits into a standard sized lighting switch box.
Note! This unit must be used in conjunction with a PT-110 transmitter (or other compatible Kramer transmitter) to achieve a complete solution.
- Twisted Pair Signal Conversion
- Twisted pair cabling uses 2 conductors (forward and return) that are twisted together in a specific fashion (pitch/twist rate per meter) to cancel out electromagnetic interference and crosstalk (noise) from external sources and its environment. This technology enables a system range up to 320' (100 m) at a maximum resolution up to WUXGA and 1080p HDTV.
- Supports WUXGA and HDTV Signals
- Its video transport circuitry supports computer graphics video signals with maximum resolutions up to WUXGA and HDTV/1080p.
- Panel Connections
- It offers a front-panel BNC (female) video output and a rear-panel RJ-45 input for twisted pair cabling distributed from the TP-110 transmitter.
- Level and EQ Controls
- Conveniently located on the side-panel of the unit are Level and EQ controls. Level trimmer control adjusts the output signal level for the UXGA output while the EQ trimmer control adjusts the cable compensation (equalization) level for the same output.
- Sync Polarity Settings
- Horizontal and vertical sync polarity switches are provided for improved monitor compatibility with the CAT5 output.
- Power Connect System
- Within a transmitter/receiver system, only one unit requires power when connected devices are within a 150' (50 m) range of each other; 12VDC power is then distributed through the CAT5 cable.
- Large Venue Solution
- The WP-120 is an ideal solution for presentation and multimedia applications, long range graphics distribution for schools, hospitals, security and point of sale - virtually any large venue that requires high-quality, long distance twisted pair video distribution.
- Single Gang-Box Style
- Its single gang-box style design fits into a standard sized lighting switch box or low-voltage J-box.