The S90 XS from Yamaha is an 88 key balanced hammer action keyboard that's just as useful on stage as it is in the studio. It features all of the voices, performances, arps, and virtual circuit modeling found in the Motif XS. In addition to this, the S90 XS has 142 MB of samples dedicated to the S6 concert grand. Its lush piano sound and Motif capabilities, coupled with other useful features like a microphone/guitar input, audio recording, and computer control surface functionality make the S90 XS a powerful centerpiece in any musician's life.
There's something to be said about using the same instrument on stage that you used in the studio. The S90 XS was designed to excel in both. On stage, the controls are positioned to be obvious and intuitive. There are dedicated knobs and sliders to adjust key parameters. Layering voices and creating splits can be accomplished with just a few button presses. You can even dummy-proof the S90 XS by disabling all of the panel controls.
In the studio the S90 XS can serve as a control surface for your audio recording software. It features a "DAW Remote" functionality that has 50 different templates that enable you to control your software directly from the panel controls. You can even customize the control templates to suit your personal workflow. If you don't currently own recording studio DAW software, the S90 XS comes with Cubase AI, a professional audio/MIDI sequencer.
No matter where you travel with your S90 XS, you can always record. It comes with 192 MB of internal flash memory. Capture all of your work, including audio recorded with the microphone/guitar input, and transfer the files to a computer later for further editing, or for sharing with the outside world. You can also record and playback files with external USB flash drives. No matter where you are in your musical development, the S90 XS can be a vital and emotive instrument to help you bring your ideas to life.
- Sounds That Satisfy
- All the voices, performances, arps, and virtual circuit modeling effects found on the flagship MOTIF XS music production synthesizer, plus 142 megabytes dedicated exclusively to high-quality piano waveforms, for a total of 456 MB of instrument samples
- Streamline Your Performance
- Fast and easy "Performance Creator" feature allows you to select a voice, then quickly program layers and splits, even assigning a drum voice complete with arps
- Ideal for Live Performers
- All the panel controls of the S90 XS have been designed and positioned for optimum, intuitive operation, especially for live performance (a convenient Panel Lock button that instantly disables or enables the panel controls)
- Recording Direct to USB Memory
- If you've got a USB memory stick or thumb drive, you can plug it into the S90 XS and record your performance as audio data (including audio from a connected microphone or guitar) - you can also record audio directly to the internal flash memory (192 MB) built into the instrument, without the need of a memory stick
- Perfect for your Computer Music Production Studio
- With the DAW Remote function and its 50 different control templates, you get amazingly easy, intuitive control over your main DAW software and VST instruments directly from the panel controls