The Cullmann Magnesit 528C Tripod Legs is an intelligently-designed professional's class tripod meant for use with large SLR cameras and the large, bright telephoto lenses professionals often use, such as a flagship-class SLR with a 300mm f/2.8 lens. Even when using smaller items, the larger maximum tube diameter can occasionally benefit your images' sharpness in tough conditions.
Though the 15.4 lbs (7kg) support rating's officially identical to the aluminum Magnesit 528 (Cullmann primarily rates tripods' load ratings based upon maximum size of tubing), in practice the carbon fiber 528C has some practical advantages: it is lighter, easier handled in cold weather, and reaches a 'dead stop' after being exposed to jarring action more quickly than its aluminum counterpart.
The Magnesit 528C reaches a maximum height of ~5'2", collapses to a tidy 20.5" (52cm), and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column can operate at a very low working height of just under 6". The 528's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in " upside-down " , or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
The 528C is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the great weight of just under 4 pounds.
- Professionally-specified full size 4-section tripod
- Magnesium and carbon fiber combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 28mm
- Comes with an additional short center column
- Optional #55396 case accommodates legset with most 3-way heads attached