The Cullmann Magnesit 532C Tripod Legs is an intelligently-designed professional's class tripod meant for use with large SLR cameras and the large, bright telephoto lenses professionals often need, such as a flagship-class SLR with vertical grip, 300mm f/2.8 lens, teleconverter, and flash bracket. Even when using smaller items the large 32mm maximum tube diameter can benefit image sharpness in tough conditions. The 532C provides a height that, when the legs are fully deployed and the column is retracted, will place the camera's viewfinder at or above the eye level of the vast majority of people.
Though the 17.6 lbs (8kg) support rating's officially identical to the aluminum Magnesit 532 (Cullmann primarily rates tripods' load ratings based upon maximum size of tubing), in practice the carbon fiber 532C has some practical advantages: it is lighter, easier handled in cold weather, and reaches a 'dead stop' after being exposed to jarring action more quickly than its aluminum counterpart.
The Magnesit 532C reaches a towering maximum height of ~6', collapses to 27.6" (70cm), and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column can operate at a very low working height of just 7.1". The 532's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
The 532C is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the <5 pounds weight, which is a great number for a eye-level professional unit.All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in "upside-down", or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
- Professionally-specified full size 3-section tripod
- Magnesium and carbon fiber combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 32mm
- Optional #55398 case accommodates legset with most 3-way heads attached