The Cullmann Magnesit 528 Tripod Legs is an intelligently-designed 3-section professional's class tripod, meant for use with large SLR cameras and the large, bright telephoto lenses professionals often employ, such as a flagship-class SLR with a 300mm f/2.8 lens. Even when using smaller items, the larger maximum tube diameter can occasionally benefit your images' sharpness in tough conditions.
The Magnesit 528 reaches a maximum height of 5.5', collapses to <25" (63cm), and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column can operate at a low working height of just under 7". The 528's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
The 528 is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium is a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the manageable weight of 4.4 pounds.All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in " upside-down ", or when the tripod is used at its lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
- Professionally-specified full size 3-section tripod
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 28mm
- Optional #55398 case accommodates legset with most 3-way heads attached