The Cullmann Magnesit 532 Tripod Legs is an intelligently-designed professional's class tripod meant for use with large SLR cameras and the large, bright telephoto lenses professionals often need, such as a flagship-class SLR with vertical grip, 300mm f/2.8 lens, teleconverter, and flash bracket. Even when using smaller items the large 32mm maximum tube diameter can benefit image sharpness in tough conditions. The 532C provides a height that, when the legs are fully deployed and the column is retracted, will place the camera's viewfinder at or above the eye level of the vast majority of people.
The Magnesit 532 reaches a towering maximum height of ~6', collapses to 27.6" (70cm), and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column can operate at a very low working height of just 7.1". The 532's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in " upside-down ", or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.The 532 is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the weight of just 5.5 pounds, which is a good number amongst eye-level professional units not costing a ton.
- Professionally-specified full size 3-section tripod
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 32mm
- Optional #55398 case accommodates legset with most 3-way heads attached