The Wista Field-45DX Field Camera is a wooden large format 4 x 5" view camera that allows a wide range of camera movements within a lightweight, compact frame that is ideal for travel and outdoor photography. The body is constructed entirely from rosewood to ensure resistance from warping while also maintaining an aesthetic appearance. The hardware is natural brass and the corners of the body are joined using tongue and groove joints to provide durability, strength, and rigidity.
While compact in nature, the 45DX allows for extensive camera movements including lateral rear shift as well as conventional field camera movements including back tilt and swing and full front standard control. The camera's design incorporates a recessed baseplate to permit folding and transporting the camera with a lens up to 150mm attached. The 12" leather bellows is fixed to the camera and permits the use of short focal length lenses, up to 65mm, without the need for a recessed lensboard.
The camera back, which is fitted with a Fresnel focusing screen, can be removed to rotate between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations and accepts traditional Graflok-style 4 x 5" holders.
- Camera Movements
- Tilt: 90° forward (to close); 18° backward
- Swing: 12° left and right
- Shift: 0.62" / 16mm side-to-side
- Rise: 1.41" / 36mm up
- Fall: 1.14" / 29mm down
- Tilt: 90° forward; 37° backward
- Swing: 15° left and right
- Camera Design
- The body is constructed from rosewood with natural brass hardware for durability and rigidity as well as aesthetic appeal.
- Manually revolving back accepts Graflok-style 4 x 5" film holders and is fitted with a protective focusing glass and a Fresnel lens to improve brightness when composing.
- The front standard accepts common Wista/Linhof Technika type 96 x 99mm lensboards.
- Recessed camera plate allows for folding and traveling with a mounted lens with a focal length up to 150mm.
- Fixed leather bellows provides 12" / 30.5cm of extension and permits the use of short focal length lenses, up to 65mm, without the need for a recessed lensboard.