The 640GB MediaSmart Server LX195 from Hewlett-Packard is a personal storage server, powered by the Windows Home Server platform. The server boasts 640GB of hard drive capacity. Powered by an Intel Atom processor, it connects to any standard Ethernet network via a 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit RJ-45 connection.
The MediaSmart will allow you to access data from any computer in your home network. You'll even be able to access files remotely and run applications on your home PC via the Internet. The server allows you to stream photos, music, and videos to PCs on your network, or to your home entertainment system. It will even copy iTunes music libraries from your PC to the server, allowing you to stream media to iTunes at will.
- Powered by the Windows Home Server operating platform, with support for up to 10 user accounts
- Remote data access allows you to log in and access files stored on the server via the Internet
- Features 4 USB 2.0 ports, allowing you to connect external USB hard drives to expand storage capacity
- Stream media from the server to the Xbox 360, PS3, a computer in your home, or to your laptop over the Internet
- HP Media Collector scans your computer for media files, copying them to the server for storage
- HP Photo Publisher lets you share photos on Snapfish, Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
- Can act as an iTunes server, allowing computers in your home to share a central library
- Automatically backs up data from Windows XP and Vista PCs
- Works as a Time Machine drive for OS X "Leopard"
- Trial version of McAfee protects the server from viruses