The Canon HDgc KJ17ex7.7B-IRSE-A is an affordable 17x lens designed for 2/3" HD cameras. As HDTV becomes the standard for television broadcasts, more production facilities are looking to originate projects in high definition. Canon's line of HDgc lenses provide a cost effective alternative to higher priced high definition lenses, offering greater flexibility.
The KJ17ex7.7B-IRSE-A strikes a perfect balance between performance and portability, equipped with features such as internal focus and shuttle-shot programmable positioning. The focal-length range is 7.7-131mm with a minimum object distance of 2' (0.6 m) and comes with a 2x extender for increased telephoto capability.
- High Definition Ready
- Many high definition cameras are hamstrung by insufficient optics. Electronic News Gathering (ENG) lenses traditionally have been built to accommodate standard definition. This lens is designed specifically with high definition in mind. The optics increase fidelity, making sure HD footage is crystal clear.
- Improved Image Quality
- The lens element design greatly reduces aberrations and image distortions. These advances contribute to more balanced imaging from center to edge throughout the aperture range.
- Internal Focus for Ultimate Versatility
- The unit is made for the highest quality professional video cameras. The front lens element is stationary and can be used with a matte box for greater lens flair protection as well as a wide array of square and rectangular filters.
- Integral 2x Extender
- For instant close-up shots, the lens has a switch which inserts an element that doubles the focal length at any point in the zoom range. Instead of using the zoom function, the extender gives immediate close-up images.