The Wista Copal Press shutters, available in the #0 and #1 size, are high performance, durable self-cocking shutters designed for professional photographers. Their shutter release lever exposes film or digital sensors as fast as you can reload a holder or download an image.
Originally designed for press photographers who neededed to shoot quickly, they feature two unique advantages versus the conventional "cock and release" Copal shutters supplied with large format lenses: they are always cocked (because the act of firing the shutter readies the springs for another exposure), and the shutter can be quickly opened to its maximum aperture via a lever or a cable release (there are two cable relase sockets on Copal Press shutters).
The click-stop lever controls shutter speeds from 1 second to 1/125th second, plus "Bulb". The flash sync terminal is the standard "PC" type.
Note: f/stops are not calibrated, and their positioning depends on the lens that is to be coupled with the shutter.
- Simple Mulitple-Exposure Flash Lighting
- Make multiple indoor exposures on a single sheet of film or sensor capture, moving your flashes around, without having to touch anything upon the camera beyond the cable release.
- Open/Close Shutter with Lever or Cable Release
- Open or close the shutter quickly with the lever. When the lever is down, the shutter is automatically cocked. Additionally, while cocked the shutter can be opened to the maximum aperture by pressing a cable release inserted to the dedicated socket. You can leave the aperture setting at the taking aperture, allowing groundglass examination at the brightest possible aperture, and the moment you release pressure on the cable release you'll be ready to shoot at the taking aperture.
- Use a Strong Cable Release
- Copal Press shutters, due to their unique self-cocking, require a stronger-than-average cable release with a longer throw. They don't take kindly to various L-adapters or wide angle cable release extensions or the like. Use one of the recommended cable releases, and if you're installing it in a recessed lensboard the recommended angled cable release adapter has proven effective at tripping the shutter.
- Compatible with Auto Interlock Release Cable
- The Auto Interlock Release Cable fits between Copal Press shutter-equipped lenses and the standard and sliding back assemblies on the Wista Technical series cameras (VX, SP, RF) & SW III. It allows for convenient opening and closing of the shutter mechanism depending on film holder insertion/sliding back position.