This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine U-BZ100 housing is specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D3, D300 and similar cameras. Smaller SLR cameras can still be used in the housing. The housing is manufactured from double laminated PVC and has an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 65' (20m) depth.
Perfect for snorkeling or diving or for use in sandy, dusty, humid or foul weather conditions. This housing will give your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable. Since the U-BZ100 can be used with lenses up to 300mm, it is perfect for canoeists and other outdoor photographers who want to take pictures of birds and other wildlife while in or near the water.
If the optional BF1 lead weight is inserted into the housing, underneath the camera, it becomes even easier to reach the maximum depth. The auto focus of the camera continues to function perfectly. As you descend, the air is pressed into the camera. Thus, the pressure inside the housing will remain the same as the surrounding water pressure (this is the reason why ewa-marine housings are so safe to use: implosions are impossible). Therefore, we have to start the dive with a suitable amount of air inside the housing. The foam pads supplied with the housing are part of this air "reservoir" and additional air should also be blown into the housing, via the valve at the rear, to ensure that the maximum volume is being utilized.
The housing has a pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails which fit together for sealing. They tighten by means of screw knobs. This housing accommodates a lens with a maximum 82mm lens filter thread when used with the optional C-A82 adapter ring. Lenses with a filter thread of 77mm could be used with the included C-A77 adapter ring. The lens could be as long as 9" (230mm) but has to have internal focusing.
- For large Digital SLR Cameras
- Specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D3, D300 and similar cameras
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Camera Functions
- Accesses to all camera functions through the PVC
- Compatible with Long Telephoto Lenses
- Since the U-BZ100 can be used with lenses up to 300mm, it is perfect for taking pictures of birds and other wildlife while in or near the water
- Versatile Size and Weight
- Small enough to use for other sporting activities like skiing or fishing, can change buoyancy by adding air or weight