The Gitzo GK1380VQR Vintage Tripod with Ballhead is a visual throwback to Gitzo's decades as a French-manufactured brand (the firm moved to Italy early in the 21st century), with distinctions upon the fittings, finish, and case that veteran photographers and novices alike can appreciate. It can be safely stated that the current Italian makers know a thing or two about panache, and the Vintage Series 1 tripod certainly catches the eye. Outside of fashion, this is a modern Series 1 Gitzo capable of fantastic support for your SLR camera of any size as well as telephoto lenses up to 135mm units.
Back in the day, Gitzo was known for compact tripods with a 2-stage center column, which they've slowly done away with over the years. The Vintage returns that beloved function, and also adds a classic-type Series 1 ballhead with their most modern quick release plate.
Beyond the tripod itself, they've manufactured a special case which reflects Gitzo's functionality and attention to detail. Inspired by old school golf bags and endowed with classic Gitzo logos, the European-manufactured case is made of tough nylon with Italian 'leatherette' detailing. It's a practical looker.
- Complete Series 1 aluminum tripod, suitable for SLR systems with up to a 135mm lens in any condition and with a 200mm lens in many conditions
- Vintage styling and appearance, with classic adjustments to leg angles and center column
- Matched Series 1 ballhead with quick release and unique Vintage Series coloring
- Modern Gitzo accoutrements such as the vastly improved "G-Lock" collets which actually get stronger with more applied weight
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Individual leg angle locks
- Spring-loaded weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability with camera bag or other device affixed
- Gitzo's "Power Disk" top plate with soft rubber and anti-twist screws for head/disk as well as disk/column
- 2-Stage center column allows high maximum height and small collapsed length
- Includes absolutely gorgeous custom-fitted leather case with distinct 'retro' Gitzo labels
- Made in Italy