What do video cameras and smart phones that record video have in common? They both come with very low-quality built-in microphones. Poor audio performance in camcorder devices has traditionally been a troublesome problem for everyone, and the Zoom Q3 Handy Video Recorder is the first product of its kind to offer a practical solution. The Q3 is an innovative high-quality portable audio recorder with an integrated digital video camcorder.
The same microphone capsules found on Zoom's popular H4n professional field recorder are built into the Q3. A fixed focus lens on the front of the Q3 captures video at 30 frames per second with a resolution of 640 x 480. All you need to do to create great sounding video with the Zoom Q3 is to press record.
The Q3 also simplifies the process of transferring your videos to a computer and sharing them with the world. A short USB 2.0 cable is built into the Q3, so you'll never have to go digging for a cable. Mac and Windows compatible HandyShare software is included, which enables you to easily edit your video, as well as upload it to YouTube.
Everyone can benefit from a small video recording device that delivers amazingly realistic sound. You can quickly and easily shoot music lessons and classroom lectures, create video podcasts, tape recitals and rehearsals, capture children's voices and images in stunning detail, document your elder's stories for future generations, and easily share your musical talents on YouTube with studio-caliber microphones. When your audience can hear you as clearly as they can see you, the impact your videos make will be profoundly improved.
You can also put the Q3 into audio-only recording mode and capture high-resolution audio at 96 kHz 24-bit. The Q3's LCD display features bright and accurate audio meters (in both audio and video modes) so you can easily make sure your levels aren't clipping. You can also turn on the Q3's "Auto Record Level" feature which adjusts the microphone sensitivity automatically for optimum results.
The first lesson that most video makers learn is that if your audio isn't clear, the overall quality of your production will really suffer. With the Q3, you can be sure that everything you shoot will sound realistic and engaging. Whether you're looking for a portable audio recorder or a portable video camera, the Q3 will deliver excellent audio and video quality, and a whole new world of possibilities.
Note: Be sure to check the manufacturer's website for the latest firmware upgrades to get the most out of your Q3 Handy Video Recorder.
- A high-quality portable audio recorder with an integrated point and shoot video camera
- Operates on 2 AA batteries (included) or Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, so you can easily put in a fresh set of batteries at any time
- 2.4" color LCD display with a built-in speaker
- Features the same recording studio quality stereo condenser microphone capsules used in the Zoom H4n Handy Recorder
- Built-in USB 2.0 cable and included editing software make it easy to polish your videos and upload them to the Internet
- Records MPEG-4 SP video with broadcast-quality audio (44.1-48 kHz, 16-24 bit), or MP3 audio up to 320 kbps
- In audio-only mode, the Q3 is capable of recording 96 kHz 16-24 bit WAV files
- Includes a 2GB SD Card capable of recording 1 hour of video with excellent sound. To see a full list of compatible SD cards click here
- The Q3 supports 32GB SDHC cards for a total of 16 hours of video
- Ability to adjust the sensitivity of the mics to record loud or soft sounds, or set the Q3 to Auto Record Level to automatically adjust to the appropriate level
- Tripod mount on bottom allows you to attach the Q3 to a tripod
- Windows and Mac compatible