The LPD8 laptop pad controller from Akai Professional is a USB-MIDI controller for musicians, producers, DJs and other music creators. It measures less than 13 inches across and weighs less than a pound to easily fit into a laptop case, backpack or messenger bag for extreme portability.
The LPD8 is based on Akai Professional's MPC line of iconic music production stations. The controller features 8 orange light-up pads that are velocity sensitive for programming rhythmic or melodic parts. The pads can also send program-change information to software.
Additionally, the LPD8 has 8 assignable Q-Link knobs you can assign to virtually any parameters in their software for hands-on control. It has 4 memory banks for programming and recalling settings appropriate to different software programs you use. The unit works plug and play with Mac and PC.
- Compact, but fully featured USB-MIDI pad controller that works with virtually all audio software
- Perfect for a mobile setup using a notebook computer
- 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads can send note or program changes
- 8 Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameters in software
- 4 programmable memory banks
- Includes editor software for Mac and PC
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- USB bus powered - no additional power cable needed