The Leica Summarit-S 35mm f/2.5 ASPH Lens is a classical wide angle lens with high optical performance. Two aspherical lenses together with special highly refractive glass with atypical partial dispersion, yields excellent sharpness and contrast throughout the image field. This reference-class lens displays consistently high image performance utilizing an inner focusing system with a floating element.
This lens displays maximum performance across the entire image field at all apertures. With a broad effective range of focus (minimum distance of 21.65' (55cm), it is possible to produce unusual and attractive compositions. With Leica's high-degree of lens precision there is almost no discernable vignetting, distortion and chromatic aberrations. Thus, images don't require a large amount of post-production corrections.
The Summarit-S 35mm f/2.5 ASPH is equipped with a Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control with silent gearing and it has a focus ring with enough drag to let the user to override the autofocus at any time.
- Two aspherical lenses together with special highly refractive glass with anomalous partial dispersion guarantee excellent sharpness and high contrasts even at the extreme edges of the image.
- S-bayonet mount ensures rapid and precise digital exchange of data and commands between the camera and lens.
- Lens has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control.
- Generous focus ring with just the right amount of drag, letting the photographer override the autofocus at any time.
- The lens is produced to extremely narrow tolerances, with each lens centered by hand, guaranteeing superior quality and optical performance.