The 500GB MiniStation Metro HD-PXU2 USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive from Buffalo is a portable bus-powered USB 2.0 hard drive, compatible with Mac and Windows computer systems. Designed to survive the rigors of transport, the drive features shock resistant body protection for enhanced durability. The integrated USB cable snaps into the chassis when not in use, ensuring that you never lose it.
The drive supports Full Disk Encryption, protecting your data from unauthorized access. Backup software by Memeo is included for Windows and Mac, and the drive is also compatible with the OS X Time Machine backup system. The included E-Z Logon software remembers your system password, allowing you to log on to your computer with ease.
- BumperBody Shock Protection surrounds your hard drive with shock-resistant elements, protecting it from damage
- Flex Connect USB cable is an integrated USB cable that snaps into the disk's chassis, ensuring that you never lose it
- Optional Full Disk Encryption (FDE) protects your data from unauthorized access
- E-Z Logon remembers your computer's password, logging you on automatically
- Includes Google Picasa software to organize photos
- TurboUSB interface supports faster data transfer rates than standard USB 2.0 drives
- Draws power for the USB port, eliminating the need for an AC adapter, and making the drive very convenient for use with notebook computers
- Includes Memeo AutoBackup software for Mac and Windows
- Compatible with Mac OS X Time Machine backup software
- Available in multiple colors, perfect for users who own more than one unit and would like differentiate between them by sight