The Axis Communications AXIS P3344-VE, with its 1 MP sensor, delivers outstanding image quality with the level of sharpness and color fidelity required in critical security environments. Thanks to its use of Day/Night and WDR technology, the camera is able to maintain this degree of performance even in less than ideal lighting environments. For video compression, the camera uses H.264, which can be configured for multiple streams for versatile data management. There is also support for MJPEG for those needing backwards compatibility. A built-in SD card slot allows images to be stored right on the camera.
With its rugged exterior the AXIS P3344-VE can be installed in an outdoor location where it will remain safe from weather and vandalism. In addition to its built-in heater and fan assembly the AXIS P3344-VE comes with an integrated dehumidifying membrane to purge any moisture that might've become trapped during installation.
Axis also designed this camera for easy installation, with remote zoom and focus capabilities so that the camera doesn't have to be physically accessed for making lens adjustments. There are also a number of optional mounting hardware available for drop ceiling, wall, pole, corner, or junction box installations.
A unique feature of this camera is its pixel counter function, which calculates the number of pixels contained in a given part of the image, for example a person's face. This is an important feature for satisfying certain jurisdictions requiring proof of resolution before an image can be submitted for evidence.
- High Performance Video
- The AXIS P3344-VE Fixed Dome Network Camera offers 1MP or HDTV 720p in compliance with the SMPTE standard in resolution, color representation and frame rate. Wide dynamic range and day/night functionality enable clear images both in daylight and in dark lighting conditions.
- Optimized use of Bandwidth and Storage
- Multiple H.264 streams, as well as Motion JPEG streams, can be provided simultaneously either in full frame rate or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints.
- Outdoor Ready
- The outdoor models of AXIS P33 Series are specially designed for reliable, vandal-resistant and weatherproof installation, with pre-installed heater and fan, and an integrated dehumidifying membrane eliminating any humidity caught in the camera casing during installation. These cameras come with a 5 m (16') Ethernet cable with a pre-mounted, specially designed gasket, enabling flush wall mounting and requiring no additional sealant. A weather shield is also included for effective protection against reflections from sunlight, or build-ups of rain or snow.
- Versatile Mounting Options
- AXIS P33 Series offers a wide range of optional indoor and outdoor mounting kits for installation in a drop ceiling or on a wall, pole, corner or junction box, etc. Both indoor and outdoor camera models include a smoked transparent cover as an alternative to the clear cover, for additional flexibility.
- Remote Focus and Zoom
- AXIS P33 Network Cameras offer unique installation capabilities with remote focus and zoom. The remote focus feature enables convenient focusing over the network, eliminating the need for hands-on fine-tuning at the camera. The remote zoom functionality ensures that the viewing angle is optimized for the area to be monitored.
- Unique Pixel Counter Feature
- The unique pixel counter offered in AXIS P33 Series allows the installer to easily verify that the camera installation fulfills any regulatory or specific customer requirements, for example calculating the pixel resolution of the face of a person passing a doorway monitored by the camera.
- Intelligent Motion Detection
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, audio detection and detection of camera tampering attempts like blocking or spray- painting.