The Walkman walks into the 21st century with the Sony D-NF340. It not only plays commercially recorded CDs, it also plays MP3 files burned onto CD-R and CD-RW discs. It also has an FM radio with 40 station presets and genuine Sony earbuds.
You can set the one-line LCD display to show track information in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian. If present on the disc, such information as artist name, disc name and track name can be displayed.
Two automatic features you can turn on or off add to the convenience of using the D-NF340. The AVLS (automatic volume limiter system) keeps your ears from getting blasted with distorted sound when the volume of a track goes way up. And the AMS (automatic music sensor) makes it easy to find the beginning of the next or previous track. In fact, the D-NF340 makes your whole listening experience easy.
- Full Circle Design
- Compact design mirrors the look of the CD itself.
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- Whether it's a commercial CD or one containing MP3 files that you burned yourself you'll enjoy listening to them in Sony quality.
- FM Radio With 40 Station Presets
- You can preset stations yourself of have your D-FN340 automatically scan for them.
- Skip-Resistant G-Protection
- Continues to provide quick recovery from both horizontal and vertical shock.
- 5 Direction Control Key
- Single button control with five individual functions providing an easy and convenient way to control music and navigation.
- 12 Playback Modes/Bookmark Playback Function
- Offers many predetermined choices in the playback of CDs, including: Normal Play, Group Play, Single Track Play, Shuffle Play, Group Shuffle Play, Bookmark Play, and Repeat Play.
- 1-Line LCD for ID3 Tag
- Allows for fast and easy identification and location of your MP3 formatted selections.
- Multi-Language Support for LCD Text
- Displays information on compact discs that contain encoded text data that can include the artist name, disc name, and/or track name. (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian)
- Digital Mega Bass Sound
- Uses digital processing technology to produce rich, deep, bass tones with extremely low harmonic distortion.
- 2 Position Automatic Volume Limiter System (AVLS)
- Maintains volume output at levels below distortion threshold for cleaner sound reproduction.
- Automatic Music Sensor (AMS)
- Makes is easy to find the beginning of the previous, current, next or succeeding track(s).