The DC 22S from Rane is a dual channel compressor/gate that combines quality compression and gate functions with simplicity. Designed for the working musician or club system, the unit dispenses with manually adjustable attack and release controls, but the reduced complexity in no way compromises the audio quality.
The adjustable gate is a downward expander useful for reducing system background noise. The ratio is fixed at 2:1. When the signal drops below the set threshold, the gate threshold indicator lights and the output level is reduced by 2dB for every 1dB the input signal level drops.
When using the DC 22S as a true stereo processor, the link switch activates the link mode, where channel 1 becomes the master and channel 2 the slave. Gate threshold, compression threshold, compression ratio and output level are all controlled by channel 1. This ensures that both channels track perfectly, maintaining perfect balance and image.
- Dual channel compressor/gate using high quality log RMS detectors and voltage controlled amplifiers (VCAs)
- 2 independent gates
- 2 independent compressors
- 2 independent output level controls
- True master/slave operation in link mode
- 4-segment gain reduction LED meters per channel
- -10dBv/+4dBu input sensitivity switch
- +4dBu and overload indicators
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors
- Internal universal power supply