The MS 1S Mic Stage from Rane is a single channel microphone preamplifier that can deliver the output of a dynamic, condenser or electret microphone to a line-level input, with a minimum of noise, distortion, cost and hassle. The preamp is housed in a compact and durable enclosure that can be attached permanently to any surface using the base flanges.
Featuring a true differential input with high common-mode rejection, the MS 1S provides a true cross-coupled balanced output. Due to its compactness, the unit can be mounted closer to the microphone, thus allowing for longer line-level cable runs that along with the resulting stronger signal, minimize RF and hum intrusions.
The preamp provides 48V switchable phantom power with an indicator LED, continuous rotary gain trim, and a signal/overload LED. XLR balanced input/output connectors and a polarity switch round out the features.
- Rugged, no-nonsense single channel microphone preamp
- Gain control and signal/overload indicator
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- -127dB EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
- Rear-panel polarity switch
- True differential input and a cross-coupled line driver
- Internal universal power supply
- Manufactured in the USA