The Grand 3 - The Ultimate Virtual Piano Suite from Steinway has 3 models based on the the Yamaha C7, the Bösendorfer 290 Imperial and the Steinway D grand piano models. This collection also includes 2 virtual pianos based on the vintage Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand and the upright by Nordiska Pianofabriken.
- Three Grand Masters
- The Grand 3 is based on 3 outstanding virtual grand pianos with a rich and realistic sound based on the most widely acclaimed grand pianos. The Yamaha C7 grand piano is the artist's choice with its sound providing a true concert grand experience, while the expressive tone of the Bösendorfer 290 Imperial provides an extended musical range not found in other pianos. What's more: the incredible sound, responsiveness and superb playing behavior of the Steinway D have also been added to perfectly complement the collection of virtual pianos featured in The Grand 3
- More Pianos, More Choices
- The classic Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand has a timbral character that makes it genuinely recognizable. The Nordiska Pianofabriken upright piano has been recorded and designed for the not so grandeur of musical genres and is ideal for pop and jazz music
- Intelligent Sample Architecture
- Unlike digital pianos and samplers, The Grand 3 features an intelligent sample architecture that meticulously responds to the individual playing behavior of each user, delivering natural full-length sustain and decay for truly unique tonal character not powered merely by looped samples. This amazing technology also adds the distinctive pedal and hammer noises, key thumps as well as fully note-on, note-off and resonance samples to thoroughly recreate the sound of acoustic pianos as they are originally intended to be heard
- Latest Recording Technology
Using latest recording technology, the three concert grand piano models and the vintage upright available in The Grand 3 have been sampled and edited with painstaking effort by a top sound-engineering team. The only exception being the sound of the Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand, the samples of which were recorded by Yamaha in Japan.
Equipped with high-grade Neumann microphones, customized high-end preamps and converters specially tuned for pianos in a large acoustic space specifically designed and built for this particular use, engineers generated the source material to highest standards.
No additional electronic equipment was used during the recordings to capture the natural sound of the acoustic pianos. Plus, two different microphone positions (close and player) available in The Grand 3 result from a 12-microphone setup used for the recordings, giving the musician the ultimate freedom to dictate the piano's immanent sound
- Authentic Sound Quality
- The Grand 3 delivers ultra dynamic response and hammer action with up to 20 different velocity samples for each key, faithfully capturing the full extent of every note's envelope. Sustain and sostenuto pedal support, subtle mechanical noises and true resonance make The Grand 3 the most ambitious and innovative piece of software engineering in our day, resulting in the grandest collection of virtual pianos
- The ECO Mode already featured in The Grand 2 is now also available for all pianos in The Grand 3. Using ECO Mode, The Grand 3 reduces RAM consumption and enhances CPU performance by freeing up power for other processing tasks, such as disk streaming
- RAMSave technology makes highly efficient use of the host computer's memory. When active, RAMSave discards superfluous samples from the main memory in order to provide space for other tasks, automatically scanning the MIDI notes allocated to The Grand 3 and dumping all unassigned samples from the RAM
- Support of All Major Formats
- The Grand 3 supports all major formats, such as VST and AU. And by supporting ReWire, The Grand 3 runs with any audio workstation, while the standalone version can even be used without any host application at all
- Superb Reverberation
The Grand 3 comes with a convolution reverb based on the same technology used by REVerence, the world's first VST3-based convolution reverb processor already featured in Cubase 5 which benefits from every single aspect the VST3 standard has to offer. It boasts sumptuously realistic natural space simulation, emulating any acoustic environment, from the smallest live music venue to the most impressive cathedrals. This reverb includes a vast number of impulse responses that put the characteristic sound of some of the world's most distinctive settings immediately in one's hands, both in stereo and surround.
An algorithmic reverb is also included to increase the amount of reverbs, with more than 60 reverb presets, this leaves the artist with ample scope to spatially enhance the piano sound
- Flexible Equalization
- This powerful and versatile equalizer offers full four-band parametric control that works as a sum over all output channels with variable response curves and shelving modes, as well as analog-style peak filters
- All Tuned Up
- The enhanced tuning editor provides customizable scales and a wealth of presets for tempered and concert tuning. Each tuning situation may be stored and retrieved as preset whenever required