The Benro C-297EX Flexpod Tripod is a sophisticated tripod made for those who want to do some macro shooting with the camera facing directly at the ground, or perhaps even pointing under the legs themselves. Beyond this function, it's a solid 3-section 'flip lock' carbon fiber model with enough creature comforts to make vacations a little more pleasant with the tripod. Despite its great working height, the C-297EX weighs in at just 3.6 lbs (1.64kg).
The C-297EX's 28/25/22mm diameter leg segment profile provides rigidity appropriate for full-sized SLRs with large telephoto lenses as well as medium format camera systems, and you'll also get a great 'working height' of 55.9", a height putting the viewfinder at the eye level of a 5'9" (175cm) person with the center column fully collapsed once you top the legs with an average-height tripod head. The tripod's officially rated to support 22 lbs (10kg), and Benro recommends it for SLRs with lenses of up to 300mm focal length.
The C-297EX's flip-lever leg locks are of the newest technology, and provide reliable and fast use with just a small motion necessary. Benro also has developed a "QIHM-8X" carbon fiber tube that's very thin and exclusively made from carbon fiber material. Along with extensive use of magnesium in the castings, it allows the C-297EX to stay at a weight you can manage even on a long journey.
- Fast and easy-to-use basic tripod functions, with the added benefit of a center column which can act as a lateral arm
- Benro's exclusive QIHM-8X carbon fiber process
- A distinct lock allows center column to be deployed at 0-90° relative to the 'normal' position
- Great for use with longer telephoto macro lenses while pointed at the ground around the tripod
- Magnesium castings to reduce weight
- Foam-padded upper leg segment eases handling in cold weather
- Individual leg angle locks (24, 55, & 80°)
- Tripod's crown has 3 set screws to safely affix any tripod head
- Weight hook at bottom of center column helps aid stability by allowing you to place your camera bag on it for a lower center of gravity
- Dual metal spike and soft rubber leg tips
- Broad 28/25/22mm diameter leg segment profile
- Includes a case with shoulder strap