The Ear Force HPA2 Amplified Surround Sound Headphones from Turtle Beach provides full 5.1 channel surround sound over eight speakers to provide you with a fully immersive audio experience. The adjustable/removable microphone is perfect for gaming. An inline amplifier gives you volume control for each of the individual channels as well as master volume control and an on/off switch. Use the Ear Force HPA2 to bring movies and video games to life.
- True 5.1 Surround Sound
Unlike stereo headphones that rely on a single speaker in each ear cup to provide a 180 degree sound field, the HPA2 headphones incorporate four speakers in each ear cup to handle the front, center and rear sound positions - just like a true 5.1 surround sound speaker system. The speakers are driven by a powerful, multi-channel amplifier to reproduce 3D positional sound cues that are otherwise obtainable only with surround sound speaker systems.
A pair of 40mm front speakers plus a pair of 40mm surround speakers are comparable in size and performance to speakers used in most stereo headphones. The placement and alignment of the speakers in each ear cup is optimized to give a realistic 3D experience in a true multi-channel headphone.
- Sub-Woofer Vibration Technology
- Inside each ear cup is a large sub-woofer vibration unit, which handles the low frequency sounds in addition to vibrating within the headphone shell to deliver a whole new dimension to the gaming experience. Instead of just hearing the deep bass from explosions, the sub woofer vibration unit shakes your head to deliver additional sonic realism to the sound of games and DVD movies.
- Independent Channel Control
- The inline amplifier has independent volume controls for front, surround, center, and sub-woofer speakers as well as a master volume control that controls all channels. Now, when a new game map loads, you can adjust the sound in real time during the match without stopping the action to open a control panel.
- Bass Enhancement Mixing System
- A unique sub-woofer filter network extracts and combines low frequencies from the front, surround and center channels to drive the sub-woofer/vibrator speakers in each ear cup. This results in deep bass response from any type of input signal (music, games, movies, etc.) regardless of whether or not the source has a sub-woofer signal.
- The headphones are compatible with any 5.1 channel sound card or motherboard, and are powered by a USB connector.