The GT-14 night vision monocular from N-Vision will satisfy even the most discerning of users. Its advanced ergonomic design allows comfortable single-handed operation while dramatically minimizing operator-error in extreme conditions. Stealth - the ability to operate in complete darkness is ensured by the integral infrared illuminator. The supplementary IR illumination is invisible to the human eye, and it provides a substantial enhancement to the GT-14's detection and recognition ranges.
The amazing no-light performance of the GT-14 centers on its 3rd generation Pinnacle intensifier tube, which delivers an outstanding 64-72 lp/mm of resolution. This tube also features an auto-gated power-supply and thin-film technology to ensure the highest level of imaging performance.
Third generation intensifiers are more efficient, produce greater clarity, are less susceptible to bright light blooming, and are more durable than those from previous generations.
This GT-14 comes with a number of accessories, including a comfortable head-mount for hands-free operation. An abundance of optional ancillary items make the GT-14 an ideal base unit for a multi-purpose nighttime viewing system; it can be used hand-held as a monocular, head/helmet/ weapon-mounted, or attached to photo/video cameras. With the dual mount adapter, two GT-14s can be converted for use as a dual-tube night vision binocular. For long-range observation, high-powered afocal accessory lenses can be attached to the monocular's objective.
All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Performance and Use
- Headmount included
- Integral IR illuminator
- Waterproof, shockproof, submersible
- Helmet and weapon mountable with optional accessories
- Automatic brightness control system adjusts for dynamic lighting
- Third Generation Pinnacle Intensifier
- ITT's "Pinnacle" third generation night vision intensifier tube lives up to its name by being the best there is in the world of image intensifiers. The Pinnacle tube is the US Army's first choice for night vision technology under the Omni VI procurement contract.
- Pinnacle tubes feature a thin-film ion barrier on the MCP, and a gallium-arsenide coated photocathode. The power supply was reconfigured with an auto-gating circuit that significantly enhances the tube's response to dynamic lighting conditions.
- Compared to standard third generation technology, Pinnacle tubes deliver 22% higher photoresponse, 24% improvement in S/N ratio, a significant reduction in halo diameter, 20% greater range of vision at night, 10,000+ hours of tube life.