The 28-75mm f/2.8 Alpha A-Mount Standard Zoom Lens from Sony covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to medium telephoto, and has a constant aperture of f/2.8 over its entire zoom range. This makes it particularly valuable for depth-of-field control and using ambient light.
It is constructed of 16 elements in 14 groups - four of them being aspherical glass elements - which all help to deliver sharp, clear photos throughout the zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 1.25' and a front-end filter diameter of 67mm.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and minimum of f/32, this lens' high speed means you can capture images in darker conditions using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivity.
- 4x Aspherical Glass Lens Elements
- These precision lens elements correct distortion for sharper, more visually accurate images across the entire zoom range of the lens.
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- Designed for fast, smooth and silent automatic focusing, Sony's unique Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. The AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the lens directly, helping to assure quick and accurate AF response.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- The 67mm front filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
- Zoom Lock Switch
- Lock the lens' zoom to keep it right where you want it, preventing "lens creep" where the lens extends by its own weight when aimed downward - or retracts when aimed upward.