The Canon Pixma MP990 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer is a printer, copier and scanner all rolled into one unit with built-in automatic duplex printing. To create images that retain clarity and detail when enlarged, the MP990 puts out documents and photos at resolutions up to 9600 x 2400dpi. It is fast, producing 4 x 6" borderless color photos in about 16 seconds. The Pixma MP990's scanner delivers clear and precise digital files up to 4800dpi and can handle documents up to 8.5 x 11.7". The scanner includes a Film Adapter Unit to enable digital conversion of 35mm film and slides.
The MP990 has built-in Wi-Fi capability that lets the printer work unfettered from almost any location within range. It can also connect to a wired network via a built-in Ethernet connection. For PC-free operations, it is compatible with 20 memory cards, USB Flash Drives, IrDA (for printing from a compatible mobile phone), and PictBridge for direct printing from a digital camera.
The MP990 uses a six individual ink tank system that includes a photo black and gray ink which adds contrast and clarity for professional-quality color and black & white photos.
It has easy to use features that work in conjunction with its 3.8" color LCD and an Easy Scroll Wheel. The control panel enables photo selection and editing, plus activation for the printer's special modes. These modes include Auto Photo Fix II, for optimizing image exposures, and Auto Scan, which automatically recognizes the type of original then scans and saves it at appropriate settings.
- 3.8" LCD Screen
- Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your picture and print.
- Film Adapter Unit
- This included unit makes it easy to scan 35mm film and slides.
- Built-in Wireless Connectivity
Be free of the wires that bind you...print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer while you're in another room.
(Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.)
- Stand-Alone Printing
Insert a compatible memory card into the built-in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print.
Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from a USB Flash Memory Drive, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone (requires mobile phone or other device with IrDA port positioned no more than 7.9 inches from the printer.)
Plus, you can print from a Bluetooth-enabled device using the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit. 1
- Image Editing Without a Computer
- As needed, your images will automatically be enhanced for red eye, sharpness and brightness values, or you can fine tune them yourself using the easy control panel and the 3.8" color LCD. Furthermore, the Easy-Scroll Wheel makes operation and access to the printer functions easy.
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing
- Keep it green and print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can cut your paper usage by 50%, so you save time, money and paper - plus you're helping the environment.
- Auto Photo Fix II
- This built-in technology automatically categorizes images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed can automatically be brightened with a color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones.
- 2-Way Paper Feeding
- This feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray for printing on plain or photo paper.
- Auto Scan Mode
- Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
- Quick Start
- Powering up the MP990 is fast...after pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology
- Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you're copying to help your copies stay true to it.
- Premium, Six Individual Ink System with Gray Ink
- This 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks, including a gray ink for unmatched Black & White photos. The pigment-based black ink also produces crisp, laser-quality text for documents. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
- ChromaLife100+ System
- This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album. Furthermore, with the smart LED ink tanks, a LED lamp flashes when ink is running low, and flashes even faster when nearing empty.
- A Generation Green Product
- Generation Green, Canon's environmental initiative, is an environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions. The MP990 is part of Generation Green through low power consumption, and the energy efficient Quick Start feature that makes it Energy Star qualified. The 4-in-1 and 2-in-1 printing options allow users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% in paper use. Plus it is RoHS Compliant - a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. Canon also participates in a Hardware Recycling Program to ensure appropriate recycling of electronics products and the Canon Refurbishing Program so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products