Record Label Marketing provides clear, in-depth information on corporate marketing processes, combining marketing theory with the real world "how to" practiced in marketing war rooms. This industry-defining book is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries. Record Label Marketing is essential reading for current and aspiring professionals and students, and also offers a valuable overview of the music industry.
- Builds your knowledge base by introducing the basics of the marketing mix, market segmentation and consumer behavior
- Gives you the tools necessary to understand and use SoundScan data, and to successfully manage the budget of a recorded music project
- Introduces you to industry resources like NARM, RIAA, and the IFPI
- Offers essential marketing strategies including grassroots promotion and Internet/new media, as well as highlighting international marketing opportunities
- Reveals how successful labels use video production, promotional touring and special products to build revenue
- Looks to the future of the music business-how online developments, technological diffusion, and convergence and new markets are continually reshaping the industry