The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 offers the speed and customization of a SLR system camera in a compact and highly portable form factor. Boasting a professional 12.1 megapixel imaging sensor, the DMC-GF1 captures photos and HD video with stunning detail and life-like color. The camera is the first Micro Four Thirds offering from Panasonic without an integrated electronic viewfinder. This all new, minimalist design further reduces the overall size and weight of the camera body, allowing for easy transport and handling. Photos and video are composed and reviewed on the camera's bright, 3.0" 460,000-dot LCD screen. Optimized with automatic backlight control, the screen is easy to view under even the most challenging lighting conditions.
Despite its small size, the DMC-GF1 is packed with the very latest in photo and video imaging features. Panasonic's new My Color Mode offers 7 preset imaging effects and allows users to customize color, brightness, and saturation on the fly. Nine prescribed Film Modes offer further control of visual aesthetics. Using AVCHD Lite compression, the DMC-GF1 captures smooth 720p HD video at 60 frames per second. The camera can also record HD video as a Motion JPEG file for drag-and-drop compatibility with many popular nonlinear editing systems. The body supports autofocus during video recording and Movie Program Mode allows for selective depth-of-field control.
Additional features of the DMC-GF1include a built-in pop-up flash, contrast detection autofocus, integrated dust reduction technology, and high ISO 3200 sensitivity. Optional accessories such the tilting DMW-LVF1 Live View Finder and DMW-MA1APP Four Thirds to Micro Four Thirds Lens Adapter further the camera's capabilities. Boasting retro style and the latest in photo and video features, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 brings the best of power and portability to the Micro Four Thirds System.
- Stylish, Compact Design
- The DMC-GF1 does away with the pentaprism found on other standard interchangeable lens cameras. This mirror-less structure helped Panasonic achieve an artistically flat, neo-classic body design that dramatically reduces both size and weight.
- High Quality Imaging
- A 12.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor coupled with advanced Venus Engine HD processing offer superior photo and video quality. These advanced technologies make it possible to read 4 channels of data simultaneously and allow the DMC-GF1 to deliver 60 frames-per-second Live View images. Photos and video are faithfully reproduced with fine detail and rich color gradation.
- Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode
- Panasonic's newly developed Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode simplifies face detection autofocus, AF tracking for moving subjects, scene mode selection, and ISO to make great pictures as simple as point-and-shoot. Concentrate on the subject in front of you - let the camera do the rest.
- Creative Control Options
- Along with manual and automatic exposure control, the DMC-GF1 features Color Mode. In addition to 7 preset effects (Expressive, Retro, Pure, Elegant, Monochrome, Dynamic Art, and Silhouette), users can customize color, brightness, and saturation settings in real time. Nine unique Film Modes further extend control of visual aesthetics.
- HD Video Recording
- The DMC-GF1 can record 1280 x 720 HD video with AVCHD Lite compression to conserve memory card space. Users can enjoy taking maximum advantage of advanced lens options and the camera's large sensor size for high quality motion picture recording. Capture starts at the touch of a dedicated button. HD, QVGA, VGA, and WVGA recording options offer drag-and-drop file compatibility with PCs and many nonlinear editing systems.
- Expandability Options
Micro Four Thirds System products are joining today's Four Thirds System products to provide higher levels of interchangeable lens system performance. Four Thirds standard lens can be adapted to the DMC-GF1 via an optional mount adaptor. This gives users access to a large range of quality optics.
The hot shoe atop the camera allows for an optional flash to be added or the dedicated tilting DMW-LVF1 Live View Finder.