The Garner HD-2 Hard Drive & Tape Degausser erases hard drives (laptop, desktop and network up to 1" high) and high coercivity tape media, including all formats of LTO (1,2,3,4), SuperDLT I & II, DLT, AIT, 8mm and more, all without any adapters. With a continuous duty rating (no cooling necessary) quiet operation and a 60 second cycle time, the HD-2 can fit right on a desktop.
The HD-2 is exceptionally user-friendly. Simply place your media into the drawer on the right side of the HD-2 and push the "Erase" button. Within 60 seconds your media is erased. Open the drawer and remove your erased media.
The HD-2 has been independently tested and certified to meet both ANSI and CE standards. Built-in safegaurds check the stored power before each erase cycle ensuring complete erasure every time. Audible tones and lighted push buttons report the status of the HD-2 to the operator.
The HD-2 produces an erasing field many times stronger than the erasing fields produced by the read/write heads in hard drives and tape drives. The field strength along with the encompassing magnetic field ensure the data is no longer recoverable by computer or laboratory attacks. Since the HD-2 does not rely on software, the HD-2 will also completely and permanently erase failed and damaged hard drives regardless of the operating system or interface.
The HD-2 will assist you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates requiring complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal.
Note! Hard Drives and some tapes are not reusable after having been erased with the HD-2
- Erases high coercivity hard drives & tapes
- Easy to use drawer with one button operation
- Continuous duty with a 60 second cycle time
- Solid state design that is micro-processor controlled
- Government Mandates:
The HD-2 will assist you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates requiring complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- California Senate Bill 1386