The Pelco EPS5000-120 is an external power supply which can be used in a variety of situations. When space is an issue, the unit fits right in by being just 1 Rack Unit (RU) in size. Any 19 inch EIA-standard rack may be used to mount the unit.
With two power supply modules rated at 120W each, the system may be used to power two fully populated RKU5000-3U chassis. This eliminates the need for expensive individual power supplies for each chassis. The EPS5000-120 can also be used to provide redundant power for as many as two fully populated RK5000PS-3U chassis and ensure smooth, uninterrupted functioning in case the primary power supply fails.
The EPS5000-120 can be used in the following ways:
• Provide power to one fully populated RK5000-3U
• Provide power to two fully populated RK5000-3U
• Provide redundant power to one fully populated RK5000PS-3U
• Provide redundant power to two fully populated RK5000PS-3U
- Alarm Activated LED
- The relay output connector on the back of the EPS5000-120 is tied to the alarm LED. The alarm LED turns red when there is an alarm condition, such as the loss of the optical signal or the video signal. The relay will close or open, depending on whether it is set to normally closed (N.C.) or normally open (N.O.). The 6-pin power connector allows you to connect an over-molded cable (supplied) from the EPS5000-120 to either the RK5000-3U or the RK5000PS-3U. The power fail LED turns red when there is a problem with the power supply that can cause it to fail. If one of the power supplies fails, the blue Pelco badge will turn off.