Video Satellite LE from Digidesign is a cost-effective way of bringing high-definition or standard-definition video into the Pro Tools HD audio workflow. Whether working with QuickTime HD or SD formats, or Avid SD video, Video Satellite LE allows the user to keep video playback separate from the audio production, but still tightly synced.
The software allows for working with either high- and standard-definition QuickTime video, or standard-definition Avid video. The video can be played back on the desktop, or via a qualified installed Blackmagic Design video card (such as the Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme card) for full-screen video monitoring from the Pro Tools LE based computer. Or an Avid Mojo SDI can be connected to the Pro Tools LE computer for play back of the Avid SD or QuickTime SD video through the video peripheral for full-screen video monitoring.
Using a proprietary Ethernet connection protocol that delivers faster lockup time than traditional 9-pin solutions and tighter synchronization than MIDI Time Code, Video Satellite LE keeps the Pro Tools HD audio and Pro Tools LE video systems in sync. This also allows the user to control all audio and video transport commands from the Pro Tools HD system (including scrubbing) with great ease and responsiveness.
As it works with Digidesign's most affordable Pro Tools LE system, the Mbox 2 Micro, Video Satellite LE is the perfect solution for working on professional video projects without having to sacrifice the Pro Tools HD system's host resources for video playback.
- Sync Pro Tools HD sessions with HD or SD video playback running on a separate computer running Pro Tools LE (via Mbox 2 Micro)
- Control all audio and video system transport commands from the Pro Tools HD system
- Proprietary Ethernet protocol achieves faster lock than 9-pin and tighter lock than MIDI Time Code for exceptional responsiveness when scrubbing and shuttling
- Supports loop playback
- Play back video on the desktop or through a supported video card or peripheral
- Supports qualified Blackmagic Design video cards for QuickTime HD/SD playback
- Supports Avid SD and QuickTime SD video playback with Avid Mojo SDI