The Matrox MXO2 External Video I/O with Compress-HD from B&H is a bundled package that combines two complementary Matrox products at a special price point. Take advantage of this special kit price and combine the advantages of a multi-format I/O device with an advanced video card.
The MXO2 External Video I/O is an external video I/O device that interfaces with your PC or Mac computer. The MXO2 supports broadcast-quality video input and output. The easily portable device ships with both a PCI Express x1 host card for a desktop and an ExpressCard/34 host card for a laptop.
The device features a plethora of I/O connections, including HD/SD-SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, composite, and HDMI. It also features Genlock capability for broadcast environments. It works with popular editing software, including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro, and can capture video using any codec supported by the host software.
The Compress-HD supports real-time H.264 encoding of resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It features a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the Web, and mobile devices.
Special hardware acceleration is designed to provide superior speed without taxing system resources. This card can be integrated with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. A direct export feature provides higher quality H.264 Blu-Ray compliant files from Compressor.
For more detailed descriptions of the items included in this package, click on the links in the "Items Included" section to the right to visit the pages of individual products.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 support for Mac OSX to be available in early November 2010.
Matrox MXO2 External Video I/O
- Flexible Workflow
- The MXO2 can capture video to any codec that is supported by the editing software with which it is used. This allows you to work with footage in DVCPRO HD, ProRes 422, and many other popular compression formats; you are only limited by the power of your computer.
- Dual Host Cards Included
- Host cards are included for both a desktop and a laptop computer, either Mac or PC.
- Optional Battery Power
- The MXO2 can be powered by an Anton Bauer Dionic 90 or Dionic 160 battery. An optional battery cable is required to connect the battery to the device. The MXO2 can also be powered via AC power using the included AC power adapter.
- Dedicated Hardware Processor
- A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
- Mac OS X Leopard
- It works in systems with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 or higher, Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit), and Windows 7 (64-bit)
- The card has a low-profile, half-length PCIe x1 card form factor.
- Extend the life of your current system investment with the ability to deliver premium H.264 formats.
- Multiple Resolutions
- This card offers real-time creation of H.264 files at resolutions ranging from iPod to HD and at bit rates up to 50Mbps by using Matrox MAX technology.
- Accelerated Encoding
- Accelerated encoding is available for Blu-ray, PS3, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files.
- Video I/O
- This solution will function in systems with or without a video I/O device to enhance your delivery workflow.
- Direct integration with Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC simplifies workflow.
- Blu-Ray Authoring
- Blu-ray H.264 files can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 and Roxio Toast 10 then burned without re-encoding.
- Apple Qmaster
- Support for Apple Qmaster takes advantage of multiple systems with a Matrox MAX processing engine for distributed encoding across a network.