Apple's 16GB iPod nano (Black) is just as much video camera as it is personal music library, FM radio, and fitness coach! The nano lets you record up to 16 hours of Internet ready 640 x 480 VGA video. It also gives you the option to choose from 15 different special effects to make every video truly unique. Once you've captured the moment share it with everyone through email, YouTube, MobileMe, Facebook or other social networking sites.
The 5th generation has a few design changes as well, including an expanded 2.2 inch LCD screen and a polished anodized aluminum finish. And, when it comes to storage the 5G can hold up to 4,000 songs or up to 14,000 photos. The nano still rocks the Genius Playlist feature, and now Genius Mixes as well. When synced with iTunes the player can create up to 12 different mixes based on your music.
When you feel like taking a break from your music, the nano has a built-in FM tuner. Apple went a step beyond radio by also giving the tuner iTunes tagging and Live Pause. In addition, the VoiceOver feature tells you the title and artist of the songs you're listening to. You can also use Voice Memo to save notes to self or any other audio you want to record.
To help you reach your fitness goals, the nano now has a built-in pedometer for counting your steps. And, when paired with the Nike + iPod Sport Kit (available separately) you can use the nano to keep track of your runs or gym workouts too.
Built-In Video Camera
- iPod nano Camcorder
- The iPod nano doubles as your very own camcorder. Just scroll through the menu to get to the video camera, select portrait or landscape, and start capturing all the fun! Videos recorded by the nano are already the perfect size for emailing or posting on social networking sites like YouTube, Facebook or MobileMe. You'll capture the audio too with a built-in mic. And when you're ready to playback your video on iPod nano, the built-in speaker lets you totally relive the moment
- 15 Fun Video Effects
- Have fun with your video with 15 included special video effects. You can chose from cool effects like X Ray, Sepia, and Cyborg, among others. Once you're done recording just sync the nano to your computer and iPhoto (or your preferred photo software) opens. You can then send off your masterpiece through email, YouTube, or Facebook
- Social Network Sharing
- When you're ready to share all that beautiful video footage with the world, just connect the iPod nano to your Mac, and iPhoto opens and syncs all the video you shot to your computer. With a PC it's just as easy using your favorite photo software. With Mac, you can browse and edit your videos in iPhoto as well. The video file sizes are just right for sharing through email or on social networking sites such as YouTube, MobileMe, and Facebook
- Genius Playlists & Mixes
- When you want to hear your music in a whole new way give Genius a try. Genius takes a favorite song and builds a Genius Playlist of songs that all go great together. You can listen to the playlist right away, save it for later, or refresh and try it again. Genius Mixes, on the other hand, give you another way to get all new, customized combinations of your music. When you sync your nano to iTunes, you can set Genius to automatically search your library to find songs that go well together for up to 12 unique Genius Mixes. You'll rediscover your music library in a whole new way
- Cover Flow Album Art
- View your album art in Cover Flow for a faster way to find the song you want to hear. Or just press and hold the center button to flip the album cover art over so you can see the songs. When you find the right song, press the center button to add it to your on-the-go playlist
- Shake to Shuffle
- Turn on the nano's Shake to Shuffle, and give it a shake! The iPod nano will randomly pump out your tunes, and you'll hear your music library from a totally new perspective
FM Radio + Live Pause
- FM Radio
- Now you can check out the FM dial when you feel like taking a break from your music library. The FM tuner lets you hear your favorite morning shows on your commute and discover new music while you work out. It even shows you what and who you're listening to as you scroll the dial using the nano's click wheel
- Live Pause
- Live Pause lets you take a break from live radio with just a click, holding the broadcast right where you stopped it. Another click and you're listening to your station again. You can even rewind as far back as 15 minutes, then fast-forward to catch up to the live broadcast
- iTunes Tagging
- Use the Click Wheel on iPod nano to tag songs you hear on the radio. iTunes creates a list of all your tagged songs so you can easily preview or purchase them when you sync iPod nano to iTunes
- What is VoiceOver?
- VoiceOver tells you the title and artist of a song without having to look down at your iPod. Just use the Click Wheel or the controls on the optional Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic and VoiceOver tells you the song name and who's performing it without interrupting your music
- How it Works
- It all begins with iTunes and its seamless integration with iPod nano. iTunes reads your song information, then uses the VoiceOver Kit to generate the announcements for the songs, artists, and playlists. Just sync your iPod nano to your computer and it really speaks to you
- Multiple Languages
- iTunes selects the language and best voice for your song titles and artist names. It looks at song data, like the title, artist, and album information, then applies intelligent algorithms to choose the right language. If you prefer to hear that information spoken in another language, you can change the designated VoiceOver language for that song in iTunes
- Voice Memos
- The built-in mic lets you capture a thought, a reminder, a class lecture, or any audio recording you want with Voice Memos
- iPod nano uses the built-in accelerometer to keep track of your steps and help you meet your fitness goals. You can create a daily step goal or set it to Always On so it counts all the steps you take, all the time
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit for Running
- When you combine the iPod nano with the Nike + shoes, and the Nike + iPod Sport Kit (available separately) you can track your runs in a whole new way. Just put the sensor in the built-in pocket under the insole, connect the receiver to your nano, and reap the benefits. Use the Nike + iPod menu to choose how you want to run. Pick from the open-ended workout or select one with time, distance, or calorie goals. You can even pick your favorite playlist, shuffle songs or choose Nike-created Sport Music. As you log the miles iPod nano keeps you informed of your time, distance, pace, and calories burned. It also gives you feedback at the halfway point and as you race toward the finish. You can also see all the details on your nano.
- Nike + iPod at the Gym
- Using a Nike + iPod compatible cardio machine you can connect your nano to record your pace, time, and distance. Just connect, choose the music or video that you want, and start your workout. While you're burning calories, your iPod nano is charging up. Your pace, distance, time, and calories are all recorded on the nano and you'll see a summary of your workout on the cardio equipment
- Sync Your Data
- When you're finished, connect your iPod nano to your Mac or PC. iTunes automatically sends your workout data to nikeplus.com. Every workout and every run is there, ready for you to review. Get pumped for your next run with recommended challenges, custom training programs, and maps of new routes to try. Or share motivation with runners across the world
iPod and iTunes
- iTunes & iTunes Store
- Use iTunes to fill your iPod with music, movies, TV shows, and more. You can also use it browse and organize your personal digital media collection. And the iTunes Store provides millions of songs, thousands of movies and TV shows, hundreds of games, apps, audiobooks, podcasts, iTunes U, and more all for your entertainment
- At Your Control
- Everything you buy on the iTunes Store and any music from CDs you import to iTunes appears in your library on the iTunes player. You can organize your content and put it into playlists. Choose from Genius Mixes and create Genius playlists. Flip through your album art with Cover Flow. Give everything your personal rating. And download it all to your iPod. It's the Apple way to manage your digital media. And you can download iTunes free
- Green Features
- Arsenic-free glass
- Highly recyclable